Frequently Asked Questions
- Why should I choose Putteridge Bury?
- What time should I get married?
- Can I decorate the rooms?
- Can we have Confetti?
- Can we have fireworks?
- Can we bring in our own wine or pay corkage?
- Can I have drinks in the same room after my wedding?
- Can I bring in my own caterers?
- Can I have a Marquee?
1. Why should I choose Putteridge Bury?
Putteridge Bury is the most romantic setting for your special day. Our competitive rates offer you expert planning and guidance, excellent service and reputable catering at superb value for money! Our clients tell us the service they receive is second to none!
2. What time should I get married?
We recommend the following approximate schedule assuming your evening party is to start at 7.30pm.
- 3.00pm Civil Marriage at Putteridge Bury
- 3.30pm Drinks reception
- 5.00pm Wedding Breakfast
- 6.30pm Speeches
- 7.00pm Room re-arranged for your Evening Party
- 7.30pm Evening Party commences
If your service is held in a church, we still recommend that you start your drinks reception at 3.30pm, so please allow plenty of time for your service and photos at the church and journey to Putteridge Bury.
3. Can I decorate the rooms?
Yes, we are very happy for you to decorate the rooms with e.g. balloons, flowers and candles.
4. Can we have confetti?
Yes, but we would ask you to ask your guests to only use it outside the building. Biodegradable confetti is preferred, metal and plastic based ones will not be allowed.
5. Can we have fireworks?
Yes, but please talk to us first as conditions will apply.
6. Can we bring in our own wine or pay corkage?
No - we are able to supply all you need.
7. Can I have drinks in the same room after my wedding?
No. For legal reasons this isn't possible.
8. Can I bring in my own caterers?
No. We are able to supply all you need.
9. Can I have a marquee?
Please call the office for more details.